Black and White Dessert is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Vegan
See more food allergy and intolerance information here
- Carob powder x 1 heaped tsp
- Cinnamon, ground x 1 tsp
- Coconut flour x 4 Tbs
- Coconut milk, full-fat x 1,5 cup
- Coconut, creamed block x 2 blocks
- Figs, dried x 8-10
- Raw Cocoa Powder x 2 Tbs
- Stevia, powder/liquid x 1.2 tsp
- Vanilla essence, natural x 1 tsp
- Walnuts x 1,5 cup whole
Cooking Instructions & Notes
For the crust:
- Soak the walnuts over the night. Drain.
- Soak figs for few hours, add 1/2tsp of vanilla essence to the soaking water. Keep the soaking water
- Place the nuts and 1/2 of dried fruits together with 1/2 soaking water (approx.1/4cup syrup), 3/4 cup of coconut milk, 1 creamed coconut block, 2 tbs of coconut flour, cinnamon, cacao powder, carob powder, cinnamon (optionally add some stevia if it is not sweet enough) in a plastic bowl and blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture over a small baking tin or a plastic container and flatten with a spoon/knife.
For the top:
- Pour 3/4cup of coconut milk to a bowl, add 1 creamed coconut block, 2 tbs of coconut flour, 1/2 of dried fruits together with 1/2 soaking water (approx.1/4cup syrup), optionally add some stevia if it is not sweet enough .
- Blend it with a hand blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the crust and flatten with a spoon/knife.
- Sprinkle with anything you like. I have been using cinnamon, carob powder, cacao powder or ground almonds or all of those together.
- Place the dessert in a freezer for min 20min until it hardens. Take it out and leave at the room temp for few min. Cut into cubes.
Store in a fridge or freeze it.
Soaking few hours
Freezing 20 min
Nutritional Value here