Positive Vitality’s Chocolate Bars with Roasted Nuts are dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, egg free, Raw, Vegan, Paleo
- 100gr Pecan Nuts
- 100gr Hazelnuts
- 3 heaped Tbs raw Cocoa Powder
- 3 heaped Tbs ra Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Dates, pitted
- Pre heat the oven to 165C and place the pecan nuts and the hazelnuts in for approx 15min. If you are a Raw Foodist and don’t want to use heat, but you want your nuts to be crunchy you can dehydrate in oven at 40C for a few hours or overnight.
- When your nuts are cooled place all ingredients in a blending container/food processor and blend until well combined, but still a little crunchy.
- Spoon out the mixture to a chocolate moulds or small baking tray and flatten it up.
- Place in a freezer for 15-20 min to set.
- Store in a fridge.
Check out the health benefits bellow.
Raw cacao powder is a superfood considering all the nutrients it contains, like vitamins, minerals, fibre, protein, flavonoids, pholypenols and much much more! Thanks to those raw cacao is supporting healthy metabolism, so beneficial for people trying to lose weight, it is full of antioxidants boosting our immune system and cardiovascular system, it is all a wonderful mood enhancer.
Coconut fat is a type of fat that we shouldn’t be afraid of and we should use it as often as possible. Not only coconut fat is digested different and converted straight away for energy other than being stored in our fat tissue. Coconut fat is super healthy, it improves insulin sensitivity and block fat storage, also in patients with type 2 diabetes, therefore it is supporting a healthy weight loss. It is also antimicrobial, it has antioxidant and antistress properties and it support s healthy hearth.
Pecan nuts contain more than 19 vitamins and minerals including vitamins A, B, and E, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. Just one ounce of pecans provides 10 percent of the Daily Recommended intake of fiber. Pecans are also rich in age defying antioxidants.
Hazelnuts (Filberts) Rich in unsaturated fats (mostly oleic acid), high in magnesium, calcium and vitamins B and E. Hazelnuts are good for your heart, help reduce the risk of cancer, and aid in muscle, skin, bone, joint and digestive health.
Dates are Great for:
•Relieving constipation, supporting regular bowel movements.
•Promoting heart health, reducing heart disease risk.
•Reducing blood pressure.
•Promoting respiratory and digestive health.
If you liked this recipe you may also like Positive Vitality’ s “Milky” Chocolate with Roasted Hazelnuts and Cacao Nibs. Enjoy!