Positive Vitality’s Pecan Chocolate Bars are dairy free, gluten free, egg free, Vegatarian, Paleo, Keto and Raw
- 50g Ghee
- 30g Coconut Oil
- 120g Raw Cacao Powder
- 150g Pecan Nuts
- 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
- pinch Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tbsp Carob Powder (optional)
- Roast the Pecan Nuts for 15min at 165C untill crunchy.
- Melt ghee and coconut oil in a pot over a low heat.
- Take the oils off the heat, add caco, honey, carob and salt and stir vigourously untill well combined.
- Add pecans and let it cool dwon a little.
- Place chocolate mixture in a small baking tin or glass container.
- Place the container in a freezer for 20-30 min allowing the chocolate to set.
- Take out of the freezer and cut into small 2cm x 3cm chocolate bars.
- Store in a fridge.
Raw cacao powder is a superfood considering all the nutrients it contains, like vitamins, minerals, fibre, protein, flavonoids, pholypenols and much much more! Thanks to those raw cacao is supporting healthy metabolism, so beneficial for people trying to lose weight, it is full of antioxidants boosting our immune system and cardiovascular system, it is all a wonderful mood enhancer.
Coconut fat is a type of fat that we shouldn’t be afraid of and we should use it as often as possible. Not only coconut fat is digested different and converted straight away for energy other than being stored in our fat tissue. Coconut fat is super healthy, it improves insulin sensitivity and block fat storage, also in patients with type 2 diabetes, therefore it is supporting a healthy weight loss. It is also antimicrobial, it has antioxidant and antistress properties and it support s healthy hearth.
Pecan nuts contain more than 19 vitamins and minerals including vitamins A, B, and E, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. Just one ounce of pecans provides 10 percent of the Daily Recommended intake of fiber. Pecans are also rich in age defying antioxidants.
If you liked this recipe check out more Dessert Recipes by Positive Vitality.