Positive Vitality’s Strawberry Mousse with Coconut Cream & Chocolate is dairy free, gluten free, Vegan, Paleo and Raw
- 250 gr Strawberries
- 200 ml Coconut Cream
- 2 Tbs Raw Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbs Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp Date syrup (or another natural sweetener of your choice)
- Whip the coconut cream with a mixer and place in a fridge for 10 min to make it stiffer.
- Wash the strawberries, leave few for a decoration and place the rest in a blending container and blend until smooth.
- Poor strawberry mouse to small bowls or glasses (dessert looks like in a glass when you can see all the layers of it) and place in a fridge.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pot over medium heat, lower the heat to minimum and add cacao powder and date syrup stirring vigorously until all melts together.
- When chocolate ingredients are well combined put it off heat and let it cool, stirring it from time to time.
- Take out the mousses and whipped coconut cream out the fridge and spoon out the cream over the mousses.
- Decorate with melted chocolate and the remaining strawberries
Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamins C and K as well as providing a good dose of fibre, folic acid, manganese and potassium. They also contain significant amounts of phytonutrients and flavonoids which make strawberries bright red. They have been used throughout history in a medicinal context to help with digestive ailments, teeth whitening and skin irritations. Their fibre and fructose content may help regulate blood sugar levels by slowing digestion and the fibre is thought to have a satiating effect. Leaves can be eaten raw, cooked or used to make tea.
The vibrant red colour of strawberries is due to large amounts of anthocyanidin, which also means they contain powerful antioxidants and are thought to protect against inflammation, cancer and heart disease.
Raw cacao powder is a superfood considering all the nutrients it contains, like vitamins, minerals, fibre, protein, flavonoids, polyphenols and much much more! Thanks to that raw cacao is supporting healthy metabolism, so beneficial for people trying to lose weight, it is full of antioxidants boosting our immune system and cardiovascular system, it is all a wonderful mood enhancer.
Coconut improves insulin sensitivity and blocks fat storage, also in patients with type 2 diabetes, therefore it is supporting a healthy weight loss. It is also antimicrobial, it has antioxidant and anti-stress properties and it supports a healthy heart. Coconut fat is a type of fat that we shouldn’t be afraid of and we should use it as often as possible. Not only coconut fat is digested different and converted straight away for energy other than being stored in our fat tissue. is