Positive Vitality’s Green Cauliflower Rice is gluten free, Vegetarian, Paleo, Ketogenic
- 1 med Cauliflower
- 1/2 bunch Kale
- 2 Tbsp Butter (or olive oil/coconut oil)
- pinch of Himalayan Salt
- Wash your cauliflower and kale and roughly chop, remove all the greens from the cauliflower.
- Place in a food processor and grate into the size of rice.
- Alternatively, you can finely chop it.
- Transfer to a pot, add butter and salt and cook in a small amount of water for 8-10min.
- Alternatively, you can just satè it over medium heat in butter/oil for 8-10 min.
- Use as a rice alternative. It will save you lots of calories and starchy carbohydrates and add plenty nutrients to your meals.
Cauliflower is a member of the cancer-fighting cruciferous family of vegetables. Cauliflower is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich and may boost both your heart and brain health. Eating cauliflower will provide your body with impressive amounts of vitamin C, vitamin k, beta-carotene, and much more while supporting healthy digestion and detoxification.
Kale is a superfood, low in calories and extremely nutrient rich. At just 33 calories, one cup of raw kale has:
- Nearly 3 grammes of protein
- 2.5 grammes of fibre (which helps manage blood sugar and makes you feel full)
- Vitamins A, C, and K
- Folate, a B vitamin that’s key for brain development
- Alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid. (While kale has far less omega-3 than fish, it is another way to get some of this healthy fat into your diet.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin, nutrients that give kale its deep, dark green colouring and protect against macular degeneration and cataracts
- Minerals including phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and zinc
If you liked this recipe try more Dinner Recipes by Positive Vitality.