Positive Vitality’s Red Cabbage Salad with Apple and Blueberries Recipe is dairy free, gluten sugar-freer free, Vegan, Paleo and Ketogenic
- 1 small Red Cabbage*
- 2 Apples
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 100g Blueberries
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbs Olive Oil, extra virgin
- pinch of Himalayan Salt
- optional: 1 tsp Raw Honey
*use organic ingredients whenever possible
- Wash your fruit and veg, take out the outer leaves of the cabbage (they tend to be bitter, you only want the sweet juicy ones)
- Cut the cabbage in 4 and then chop finally in a tin stripes. Chop the onion similar way and the apple into bollard like shapes
- Place all in a large salad bowl, squeeze lemon juice over it, sprinkle with Himalayan salt and stir together. You can do 15-20 min before serving to allow the cabbage to soften a little.
- Make a dressing of olive oil, wine vinegar, you can also add some honey. Combine the dressing with the salad
- Sprinkle with blueberries and serve.
- Store in fridge for 1-2 days
Red Cabbage is a great source of phytochemicals, antioxidants, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Some of these essential components include thiamin, riboflavin, folate, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, and potassium, as well as vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, dietary fibre, and the B vitamins.
It has been shown to be beneficial in cancer prevention, premature ageing, weight loss, eye health, Ulcer and much more.
Apples are a wonderful source of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, and riboflavin, as well as minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, and magnesium. Apples are also very good sources of dietary fiber, and a single serving provides 12% of the daily fibre requirement. The real value of apples lies in its organic compounds. It is packed with phytonutrients and flavonoids like quercetin, epicatechin, phloridzin, and various other polyphenolic compounds.
The health benefits of apples include improved digestion, prevention of stomach disorders, gallstones, constipation, liver disorders, anaemia, diabetes, heart disease, rheumatism, eye disorders, a variety of cancers, and gout. It also helps in improving weakness and provides relief from dysentery. Apples also help in treating dysentery. Furthermore, they can prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Finally, they aid in a dental care and skin care.
Blueberries are one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world and contain the highest antioxidant amount. Consuming just one cup of blueberries provides the following nutrients: Resveratrol, Gallic acid, Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Vitamin K (36 percent DV), Vitamin C (25 percent DV), Manganese (25 percent DV) and Fiber (17 percent DV).
Blueberries are a perfect anti ageing cure, they boost the brain function, they are used in cancer prevention, they support digestion and healthy heart, they promote weight loss, improve the looks and health of our skin.
If you liked this recipe make sure you check more Salad Recipes by Positive Vitality