Positive Vitality’s Nourishing Chicken Broth is dairy free, gluten free, Paleo, Ketogenic
(15 -20 portions)
- 1/2 free range Chicken
- 1/4 med Cabbage
- 2 Onions
- 4 Carrots
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- Ginger Root (alternatively powder)
- Turmeric Root (alternatively powder)
- bunch Coriander, fresh
- Himalayan Salt
- Black Pepper
- Chilly Flakes
- 2-3 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- approx 4l filtered Water
- optional: any green or root veg
- Wash your veggies and herbs. Peel the carrots and onions, do not chop.
- Cut the cabbage and celery stalks in half to fit the pot.
- Place chicken in a large pot together with garlic, ginger, turmeric root and all the vegetables and herbs. Cover with water and bring to boil.
- Let it boil for 5 min, then lower the heat to minimum.
- Cook on a very low heat for 3-4 hours, this should be sufficient for release of all the goodness from the chicken bones and vegetables.
- When the broth is cooked, spice it up with salt, pepper, chilly flakes and cider vinegar.
- Serve as a clear drinking broth or chicken soup: served together with the cooked chicken meat and vegetables (roughly chopped).
Chicken bone broth or stock contains compounds like collagen, proline, glycine and glutamine that have the power to transform your health. They can
- Treat leaky gut syndrome
- Overcome food intolerances and allergies
- Improve joint health
- Reduce cellulite
- Boost immune system
Bone broths contain minerals in forms that your body can easily absorb: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulphur and others. They contain chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine, the compounds sold as pricey supplements to reduce inflammation, arthritis and joint pain. (1)
Researchers found that the amino acids that were produced when making chicken stock reduced inflammation in the respiratory system and improved digestion. Also, research is proving it can also boost the immune system and heal disorders like allergies, asthma and arthritis. (2)