Positive Vitality Colourful Carrot salad with Parmigiano-Reggiano is Gluten Free, Egg Free, Vegetarian.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as chives and parsley
- Kosher salt
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and very thinly sliced, preferably on a mandoline
- 2 medium golden beets, peeled and very thinly sliced, preferably on a mandoline
- 10 olives thinly sliced
- Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk the 1/4 cup of olive oil with the lemon juice and half of the herbs; season with salt and pepper. Add the carrots and beets, toss to coat and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Spread the carrots, olives and beets on the platter. Drizzle with olive oil, garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano and the remaining herbs and serve.