Positive Vitality’s Nutty Pumpkin Truffles are Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Vegan, Raw, Paleo
For the filling
- 1 cup Pumpkin, raw, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Dates, pitted, soaked and drained
- 75g Pecan Nuts, raw, soaked overnight and drained
- 100g Creamed Coconut, chopped
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp spicy Red Paprika, powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract, natural
- pinch of salt
For the chocolate
- 2 heaped tbs Raw Coconut Oil
- 2 heaped tbs Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 heaped tsp Carob Powder
- 2 tbs Date Syrup (from soaking the dates)
- pinch of salt
- drop of Vanilla Extract
- Prepare your pumpkin puree by blending the pumpkin with dates and all the spices.
- Place it in a pot and a medium heat and shimmer for 5min stirring vigorously.
- Cool down pumpkin puree and transfer to a blending container.
- Add creamed coconut and pecan nuts and blend until smooth consistency.
- With your hand form little bowls from the nutty pumpkin filling, place on a tray/container and put it to the fridge to get a firm consistency.
- Prepare your chocolate by melting the coconut oil on a low heat. Take it of the heat and add the reming ingredient stirring vigorously all the time to make sure the chocolate doesn’t split and its smooth.
- Cool down your chocolate to the room temperature.
- To make the chocolate covered truffles dip cold and firm truffles in a chocolate, holding with a fork, covering with a few chocolate layers.
- Gently set the dipped truffles on the lined baking sheets, using a knife to nudge the truffle off the fork without scraping off any coating.
- When all truffles are ready place it in a fridge for 20-30min to set.
If you enjoy this dessert you may also like Desserts and Cakes by The Healthy Tart.