Positive Vitality Swiss Chard Rolls are Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
See more food allergy and intolerance info here
Positive Vitality Swiss Chard Rolls
- Chard / Cabbage, raw x 1
- Humus home-made x 6 heaped Tbs see recipe here
- Parsley Pesto with Ginger x 6tsp see recipe here
- White rice, easy, boiled x 6Tbs heaped
Cooking Instructions & Notes
- Prepare the homemade humus and parsley and ginger pesto.
Alternatively you can use humus and pesto both in shop.
Personally I think that nothing will beat the home made taste and it’s better value for money as well.
- Wash and lightly steam the chard/cabbage (chard has softer leaves than cabbage that’s why requires less steaming time, approx.2min).
- Carefully place all leaves on the plate.
- Prepare 2 plates: on one you will be rolling up the rolls with filling and on the second one you will place the ready rolls.
- Put one chard leave on the plate, in the middle place 1/2Tbs of rice, than 1/2tsp of pesto and 1/2Tbs of humus and roll all together.
Bear in mind that chard leaves are quite small and you will have to use more fillings for bigger leaves, like cabbage.
I made my humus and pesto with extra virgin olive oil and flax oil, both shouldn’t be heated, so I was serving it cold.
If you prefer to eat it as a warm dish (place in the oven for 5-10min at 150C) do not use extra virgin oils.
Store in a fridge for up to 1 week
soaking chickpeas min 6h,
cooking chickpeas 10-15min,
Nutritional Value here